Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this week’s episode, I’m delighted to share an interview that I did with Scott Stratten, president of UnMarketing. He is an expert in Viral, Social, and Authentic Marketing which he calls Un-Marketing. It’s all about positioning yourself as a trusted expert in front of your target market, so when they have the need, they choose you.
Scott is also an alumni of my Podcasting A to Z group coaching program. In the past two years, Scott has produced over 100 episodes of the UnMarketing Podcast, along with his wife Alison. I invited Scott to share what he’s learned from his podcasting journey so far.
I’m certain that you’ll come away from this episode with many valuable takeaways. Below, you will find a list of notes that I took while listening back to the interview for myself.
– Scott says he was seven years late to the party, but he jumped right in and took bold action with his podcast.
– Scott viewed blogging as a chore and found that, as a public speaker, a podcast was a natural fit for him to remain consistent when it comes to providing valuable, ongoing content for his community.
– Scott loves doing the podcast together with his wife Alison. It is something that they still get “giddy” about doing even two years into producing the show.
– Out of all the things that they do in their business, Scott says that podcasting is the thing that he and Alison love most.
– Scott rents a professional studio and full production crew once a month to record a month’s worth of content in one day.
– Scott’s production costs are just under $1,000 per episode.
– Scott shares how and why he partnered with CBS for the audio distribution rights of his podcast.
– Scott shares a lot of detail regarding his $150,000 per year podcast sponsorship.
– And much more…
[click to continue…]